Monday, February 20, 2012

Join Performance

All
I have a quick question regarding the performance of a join.
I am performing a join between two tables and one table has the opid column
as VARCHAR(100) and the other table has the opid column as VARCHAR(8). Will
there be any performance gain if I change the opid column in both tables to
VARCHAR(8).
ThanksDavid
Well , it should not be, it is more question about indexes you defined on
those columns.
"David" <David@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:DA2B8E32-3BAB-43D6-AF9B-0677987F2349@.microsoft.com...
> All
> I have a quick question regarding the performance of a join.
> I am performing a join between two tables and one table has the opid
> column
> as VARCHAR(100) and the other table has the opid column as VARCHAR(8).
> Will
> there be any performance gain if I change the opid column in both tables
> to
> VARCHAR(8).
> Thanks|||no performance advantages to making the columns same length.

No comments:

Post a Comment