Monday, February 20, 2012

Join Problem

Hello, I have 3 tables in my datasource and I am trying to Join them with the
following
{ oj TABLE2 RIGHT OUTER JOIN
TABLE3 TABLE1 ON TABLE2.ACCTNO = TABLE1.ACCTNO }
At least this is what the designer translates it to. I basically want
Table1 as the primary table (all records) and table 2 and table3 are just
little look up tables for parameters.
When I do this I get an ODBC error,
'Token was not valid: Vaid Tokens: on left join inner joins exception.'
At this point if there is no matching key field in table3 it is not showing
me that record.. And I need to see it. HelpI am accessing an AS400 and it looks like an ODBC problem so I will create
the base query and get rid of the SQL joins.
"SLB" wrote:
> Hello, I have 3 tables in my datasource and I am trying to Join them with the
> following
> { oj TABLE2 RIGHT OUTER JOIN
> TABLE3 TABLE1 ON TABLE2.ACCTNO = TABLE1.ACCTNO }
> At least this is what the designer translates it to. I basically want
> Table1 as the primary table (all records) and table 2 and table3 are just
> little look up tables for parameters.
> When I do this I get an ODBC error,
> 'Token was not valid: Vaid Tokens: on left join inner joins exception.'
> At this point if there is no matching key field in table3 it is not showing
> me that record.. And I need to see it. Help
>|||try creating a view and selecting from that view. I do that on SRS somtimes
when .net tries to rewrite my query to often. That way you can do what you
want on the database side and it seems to run faster also.
SLB wrote:
>I am accessing an AS400 and it looks like an ODBC problem so I will create
>the base query and get rid of the SQL joins.
>> Hello, I have 3 tables in my datasource and I am trying to Join them with the
>> following
>[quoted text clipped - 10 lines]
>> At this point if there is no matching key field in table3 it is not showing
>> me that record.. And I need to see it. Help
--
Gene Hunter
Message posted via SQLMonster.com
http://www.sqlmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/sql-server-reporting/200508/1

No comments:

Post a Comment