Wednesday, March 28, 2012

jump to report expression

Hello,
I have a field in my report that I want to jump to
another report but I want it to jump to different reports
depending on what is in that field. For example I click
the jump to report and put something like this in the
expression builder: Iif(Fields!Type = "a", ReportA,
ReportB) where ReportA and ReportB are two different
reports in my project. Can I do this? Everytime I try
to run it I get an error that says ReportA is not
defined. I can see it in the constants and just setting
the expression to ReportA jumps to that report. Thanks
for any help!please try IIF(Fields!Type = "a", "ReportA", "ReportB")
--
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
"Melissa" <anonymous@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:03eb01c49074$90d0ddf0$a401280a@.phx.gbl...
> Hello,
> I have a field in my report that I want to jump to
> another report but I want it to jump to different reports
> depending on what is in that field. For example I click
> the jump to report and put something like this in the
> expression builder: Iif(Fields!Type = "a", ReportA,
> ReportB) where ReportA and ReportB are two different
> reports in my project. Can I do this? Everytime I try
> to run it I get an error that says ReportA is not
> defined. I can see it in the constants and just setting
> the expression to ReportA jumps to that report. Thanks
> for any help!|||Cool Cool!! Thanks so much Lev.
>--Original Message--
>please try IIF(Fields!Type = "a", "ReportA", "ReportB")
>--
>This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and
confers no rights.
>
>"Melissa" <anonymous@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message
>news:03eb01c49074$90d0ddf0$a401280a@.phx.gbl...
>> Hello,
>> I have a field in my report that I want to jump to
>> another report but I want it to jump to different
reports
>> depending on what is in that field. For example I
click
>> the jump to report and put something like this in the
>> expression builder: Iif(Fields!Type = "a", ReportA,
>> ReportB) where ReportA and ReportB are two different
>> reports in my project. Can I do this? Everytime I try
>> to run it I get an error that says ReportA is not
>> defined. I can see it in the constants and just
setting
>> the expression to ReportA jumps to that report. Thanks
>> for any help!
>
>.
>

No comments:

Post a Comment