Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Jump to URL

Hi,

I have made a report consisting of links to other reports. I open the links via the "Jump to URL" functionality. Is there any way of opening the links in seperate browser windows? My users would like to be able to have more than one report open at a time.

Thanks for any help :-)

-- Heidi --

You can use javascript function instead of a report name.

try to use the window.open function.

try to write:
javascript:window.open('URL');

change URL to your url or report.|||My links are defined in a table as a simple textbox with navigation. How can I insert javascript to this code?|||

Now I have the following in my jump to url:

= window.open(Fields!filename.Value)"

where Fields!filename.Value contains the URL to my reports.

When I click the link I get an error saying " ) expected"

My links look something like this:

http://myserver/ReportServer$SQL2005/Pages/ReportViewer.aspx?%2fStandard+reports%2fIDPointActivity&rs%3aClearSession=true&rc%3aView=45ec7368-1fb0-4313-8235-2ae1110bb9ca

Any idea what I am doing wrong?

I can make the link work, when I type in the url-directly as parameter to the window.open-function - this is not a solution for me though, since I need to use dynamic links retrieved from a database.

No comments:

Post a Comment