Friday, March 30, 2012

Jump to URL - check if valid file

Hello
I have a field in my dataset which could hold the path of a file
sometimes or would have some plain text. Before I give set that field
in the "Jump to URL", I want to check to see if it's a file and if so,
then assign that field for "Jump to URL" or leave it blank.
Is there any function to check if the value in the field is a file?
TIA
Sue..File you mean some text with ".extension" is that right ? then you can check
whether that extension exists using "INSTR" or if you are searching for the
path then you can search for "/" sign and then use "iif"
Amarnath, MCTS
"Sue" wrote:
> Hello
> I have a field in my dataset which could hold the path of a file
> sometimes or would have some plain text. Before I give set that field
> in the "Jump to URL", I want to check to see if it's a file and if so,
> then assign that field for "Jump to URL" or leave it blank.
> Is there any function to check if the value in the field is a file?
> TIA
> Sue..
>

No comments:

Post a Comment