Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Jump to Report ..... Help

I have a main report with 4 charts. I set each chart to jump to a report
with it's detail. The main report is in the main folder of the directory and
the 4 reports are in a subdirectory call "details". I am getting the
following error when I view the reprorts in the report manager:
The item '/PPE Test/<customer>/AvgIdleTime' cannot be found.
(rsItemNotFound) Get Online Help
The path should be /PPE Test/<customer>/Details/AvgIdleTime but I can't seen
to get it to work. I have used the same directory structure in VS.NET when
designing the reports and they work correctly there. How do I specify the
correct path in VS.NET so that it will be correct when it gets to the report
manager?You can set the path for the hyperlink in the properties of the chart object,
I believe.
This can be absolute of relative to the current report (I prefer absolute at
this moment in time for RS, but relative in standard webs).
"bugfish69" wrote:
> I have a main report with 4 charts. I set each chart to jump to a report
> with it's detail. The main report is in the main folder of the directory and
> the 4 reports are in a subdirectory call "details". I am getting the
> following error when I view the reprorts in the report manager:
> The item '/PPE Test/<customer>/AvgIdleTime' cannot be found.
> (rsItemNotFound) Get Online Help
> The path should be /PPE Test/<customer>/Details/AvgIdleTime but I can't seen
> to get it to work. I have used the same directory structure in VS.NET when
> designing the reports and they work correctly there. How do I specify the
> correct path in VS.NET so that it will be correct when it gets to the report
> manager?|||Thanks Logical...
I know where to enter the path in the report designer. I just don't seem to
konw the syntax to make file paths work.
I have edited the rdl code and can get the drill down to the detail folder
working, but report manager still insists on looking in the same folder for
the charts when I try to jump back up to the chart.
Any help on the syntax would be great.
"Logicalman" wrote:
> You can set the path for the hyperlink in the properties of the chart object,
> I believe.
> This can be absolute of relative to the current report (I prefer absolute at
> this moment in time for RS, but relative in standard webs).
>
> "bugfish69" wrote:
> > I have a main report with 4 charts. I set each chart to jump to a report
> > with it's detail. The main report is in the main folder of the directory and
> > the 4 reports are in a subdirectory call "details". I am getting the
> > following error when I view the reprorts in the report manager:
> >
> > The item '/PPE Test/<customer>/AvgIdleTime' cannot be found.
> > (rsItemNotFound) Get Online Help
> >
> > The path should be /PPE Test/<customer>/Details/AvgIdleTime but I can't seen
> > to get it to work. I have used the same directory structure in VS.NET when
> > designing the reports and they work correctly there. How do I specify the
> > correct path in VS.NET so that it will be correct when it gets to the report
> > manager?

No comments:

Post a Comment