Friday, March 30, 2012

Jump to Url

I use the "jump to url" in a report that links out to a page on our company intranet. Our internal users have to use http and an external user needs to be routed to the site w/ https. How can I account for this in a report?

You could use an expression for the URL and look at the global "UserID"

Based on that UserID, you should be able to determine if the user is internal or external, and set the URL appropriately.

HTH

BobP

|||

Hi Bob,

Thank you so very much for your reply. I have posted this question many times and this is the first time that I have gotten any suggestions. I am not sure if this will work in our case or not. I believe that we are using Active Directory. I am not sure if the user id actually changes when they are viewing something from here or out in the field. I have to check with my team members to see if this would work in our situation.

|||User ID will not help us to determine which site they came in on are there any other suggestions for this?sql

No comments:

Post a Comment