Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Jump to Report - misdirection

I have created a baseline folder with several reports, which I use as a "link to" from production folders for a variety of departments. Moreover, I have used a "Jump To Report" configuration as a drill-through to another report. The problem is that when I click on the link it executes the report in the baseline folder versus the report in the production department folder. How do I direct the execution to the appropriate production department folder(s)? Thanks in advance for any assistance.

The link to the drillthrough report can either be relative to the current report, for ex:

detailsreport.rdl - which means we will look for it in the current folder, or

..\OtherFolder\detailsreport.rdl - relative to the path of the current report

or absolute:

/folder1/folder2/detailsreport.rdl - this path is relative to the report server root.

Either one of these can probably be made to work for your scenario.

Thanks

Tudor

|||

I tried each option that you presented; however, I still don't get the results that I think should occur. I do, however, think we may be on the right track.

Let me restate the requirements a little differently. Let's say that I use the "Baseline" as the central storage area for all of my reports. Then, let's say I have two departments: Dept A and Dept B. Each department has its own separate folder with links to the same reports in Baseline; but, the parameters passed from each Department is somewhat different. For example, each would have a different department Id to distinquish itself.

Using this scenario and with the drill-through set as 'detailsreport.rdl', I would think that when executing the rdl from Dept A folder would use the detailsreport.rdl in Dept A folder. So far, this has not been the case for me. It executes the detailsreport.rdl in Baseline.

|||

That is correct. If you use linked reports, the relative links will be relative to the reports that contain the definition, not the link.

No comments:

Post a Comment