Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Jump To Report Without Running It Automatically

Hi

I need to be able to click a hyperlink in one report to open a linked report, but without automatically running the linked report.

Scenario.

I have a report showing customer details and on this page there is a link to a price enquiry report. This price enquiry report has two parameters: customer code and product code.

When I click the price enquiry hyperlink in the customer details report I can only attach a value to the customer code parameter. The product code parameter is not known at this stage and would have to be provided by the user after the price enquiry report is opened (but not run). The customer code parameter should already be filled (carried in the link).

When I click the link at the moment I get the error "The 'product' parameter is missing a value".

Any advice much appreciated.

Thanks,

SQLServant

Sometime ago, I made a post about this. It was stated that it's by design and that all parameter values must be passed to the report.

I believe using the hyperlink feature might work though you'd have to manually append all parameter names and values that you -do- want to pass (reportname&param=val&param2=val2).

No comments:

Post a Comment